Do you want to make a delicious, fresh, protein-packed snack that will keep you full and energized? Look no further than these homemade vanilla peanut butter high protein fudge bars! Not only are they easy to make, but they are also packed with protein and natural ingredients. Plus, they are delicious and will satisfy your sweet tooth without the unhealthy guilt. Read on to find out how to make these amazing fudge bars at home!
Making high protein fudge bars at home is a great way to enjoy a delicious, nutritious snack. These bars have a combination of fresh vanilla, creamy peanut butter, and a nutritious protein boost that makes them both tasty and healthy. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of preparation, you can make these bars right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Follow these steps to make delicious fresh vanilla peanut butter high protein fudge bars at home.
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup honey, or Stevia
- 7 oz. of natural peanut butter
- 1 cup oatmeal rolled oats
- Blend oatmeal to powder and put in large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla whey protein powder to bowl and mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Add peanut butter a little at a time, blending between additions, until the mixture has the texture of cookie dough and holds its shape when pressed together.
- Form a pattie one inch thick with grooves 1/2 inch apart 1/2 inch deep on top.
- Pour honey evenly over surface and mix in well. Another healthy option is to add stevia, a natural herbal sweetener to taste.
- Note: feel free to experiment and add other things.
- Form milky way size and shape blobs of the muck with spatula and knife or spoon and wipe onto aluminum square.
- Put tin to the freezer. Chill for a few hours.
- When nicely frozen, remove and cut into bars of desired size.
- Wrap each bar individually in wax paper. I like to wrap a few then put them into a container or plastic bag which I then put back into the freezer.
- Keep the bars chilled until just before eating, if possible. You don’t need to be overly fastidious about this (i.e. you could leave one in your bag for an afternoon), but staying cold helps the bars keep their shape, and keeps them from going bad.
- You can keep them in the freezer then grab one on your way to work. If you want to be able to eat them immediately after grabbing them from the cooler, you may want to just refrigerate them instead of freezing.
4. More Kinds of Homemade Protein Bars
Here is another Easy Protein Bar Recipe
5. Adding Variety to Your Bars
The first thing you can do is add one banana to the mix to make the texture a little chewier. More than one banana seems to make it too gooey. Adding any kind of fruit puree or a banana will give the bars a moister, chewier texture.
You can also try add dry spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. Here you can also add nuts or seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Just grind them up and mix in with the oats. Walnuts and pumpkin seeds will add omega-3s, and Brazil nuts will add selenium (an antioxidant).
You can also try adding a shot of coconut or vanilla flavoring. Just remember to add a little extra oats to compensate for the added liquid.
To figure out the nutritional breakdown (i.e. calories, fat, protein, carbs), just total up everything you put in, and divide by the number of bars you made (assuming you made the bars more or less the same size).
6. Tips and Tricks
Making delicious, fresh vanilla peanut butter high protein fudge bars at home is easy and rewarding. Here are some tips and tricks to help make the process simpler and more enjoyable:
- Start by gathering the ingredients you need: high-protein peanut butter, vanilla extract, and sweetener. Make sure you have all the necessary items before you start.
- Measure the ingredients carefully. Too much or too little of any ingredient can throw off the flavor and texture of the bars.
- Use a food processor or blender to mix together the ingredients until they’re completely combined. This will help ensure a smooth, consistent texture.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper before adding the mixture. This will make it easier to remove the bars from the dish once they’re done.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before cutting it into bars. This will help them hold their shape better.
- When cutting the bars, use a sharp knife and press firmly down on the mixture. This will help keep the bars in shape and avoid crumbling. • Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. This will keep them tasting fresh and delicious!
To conclude, making your own fresh vanilla peanut butter high protein fudge bars at home is an easy and delicious way to get a nutritious snack. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can make a batch of these delicious treats that will keep you energized and satisfied. These bars are a great alternative to store-bought snacks and offer a healthy, protein-packed option for when you’re on the go. So why not give it a try and see how delicious and nutritious homemade fudge bars can be?