The Dumbbell Straight Arm Pullover is a terrific weight training exercise to develop your back. Do you want to have exceptional form from the start and to ensure you gain strength in your lats? You will want to apply this step by step tutorial for you to begin straight away.
Dumbbell Straight Arm Pullover Exercise Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Latissimus Dorsi
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Posterior, Levator Scapulae, Pectoralis Major – Sternal, Pectoralis Minor, Rhomboids, Teres Major, and Triceps – Long Head
- Equipment: Dumbbell and Bench
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Dumbbell Straight Arm Pullover Procedure
- Start by choosing a dumbbell that you will be holding directly over your face and position your back on a flat bench perpendicular to the bench and your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Now lift the single dumbbell straight over your chest holding it with both hands.
- Next, lower the dumbbell behind your head while keeping your arms straight.
- After you have reached your full range of motion, lift the dumbbell back up over your chest.
- Keep going until you have executed your desired reps.
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Levator Scapulae
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Teres Major
- Triceps – Long Head
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Triceps Brachii
- Wrist Flexors
If you desire to develop the highest quality muscle development, you will want to implement these easily done tips. Additionally, if you need to avoid getting injuries, you will ideally try these tips.
- Finding A Rest Duration That Should Be Small, Yet You Will Be Able To Still Accomplish A Whole Set. When your rest period is to brief you would possibly be unable to finish your complete set, if it is way too prolonged you will be just waisting your time.
Get More Bodybuilding Tips Here.
Mistakes to Avoid
You should not make these basic errors to build and maintain solid form and continue to develop gains. As well, when you prevent these mistakes you will decrease the odds of receiving injuries.
- Stop Yourself From Using To Little or Too Much Resistance. Too little, and you will not be sufficiently using your target muscles, excess, and you’ll most likely need to cheat. Ensure that you concentrate on your technique.
- Don’t Attempt To Use More Weight Than You Can Do Safely. You’re going to forfeit your technique and can cause an injury if you make an attempt to use more than you should.
- Don’t Relax Your Abs. Keeping your abs tight to protect your back by maintaining your internal pressure.
To Avoid More Bodybuilding Mistakes Look Here.
Dumbbell Straight Arm Pullover Recap
You ought to at this instant have the ability to perform dumbbell straight arm pullover thoroughly. Right now your next level is to utilize dumbbell straight arm pullover as apiece of a steady strength training strategy to develop your Latissimus Dorsi.