Resistance Band Calf Raises genuinely are a good exercise to tone your Calves. You can feel it’s not very easy to tone your Calves by yourself. Luckily, for this simple and easy isolation push exercise, you only will require a resistance band and door anchor. Here is a nice way to add resistance to calf raises without needing heavyweights.
Resistance Band Calf Raises Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Gastrocnemius
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Soleus
- Equipment: Resistance band and door anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Calf Raises Procedure
- For this, you will need a platform or a step to get the maximum range of motion. Secure and anchor your bands near the floor, if you have a portable step you can run the band under the step.
- Grab the band handles in both hands.
- You can perform this exercise one leg at a time for more resistance or both legs at once.
- For the leg or legs that will be trained, place the ball of your feet on the edge of the platform.
- Now allow your heel to drop as far as you can and stretch out your calf.
- Next, push your body up with your calves.
- Hold briefly at the top and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat your calf raises for 8-12 reps.
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you’d like to get the most significant improvement, adhere to these easy tips. Similarly, if you need to minimize the chance of injuries, implement these tips.
- Make sure The Resistance Bands Are Strained. Before beginning, the exercise make certain the resistance bands are not relaxed.
- Perform The Right Amount Of Sets With Rest. Your target at first should be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. Although, you can build up to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t exhausted at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something should change. Primarily you can increase the resistance to make each repetition tougher. Second, you can cut down on the rest time between each set.
- Concentrate On Inhaling And Exhaling. For this and most exercise movements, breathing is very important. You ought to be breathing out during your primary muscle constriction and breathing in when your primary muscles are extending.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You ought to keep from making these fairly typical mistakes to support great form and improved tonning. Equally important
- Don’t bounce, you will be putting undue strain on your joints.
- Don’t have the band at too much of an angle that you aren’t getting any additional resistance.
- Stop Yourself From Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be adequately using your agonist (target) muscle, excess, and you will likely need to cheat. Ensure you can do between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Calf Raises
You ought to immediately be capable of carrying out resistance band calf raises thoroughly. Your next phase is to carry out resistance band calf raises as a piece of a regular muscle-building regime.