Resistance Band Chest Press can be a quality movement to workout your chest. You may find that it really is difficult to tone your chest while traveling. Surprisingly, for this straight forward compound push exercise, you only really need a resistance band and door anchor. This is a nice substitute for the bench press you can do without weights and a bench.
Resistance Band Chest Press Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Anterior, Pectoralis Major – Clavicular, and Triceps Brachii
- Equipment: Resistance band and door anchor
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Basic
Resistance Band Chest Press Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to your anchor point about shoulder height to just below your armpits, anywhere in there is a good spot.
- While facing away from the anchor point grab both handles.
- Step out with you elbows back and your hands on the side of your chest.
- Next, ensure the bands are tight and then press your arms out infant of you.
- Then stop and pause with your arms fully extended, don’t let your hands come together.
- Finish the repetitions by returning your arms back to the starting point.
- Repeat your flys for 8-12 reps.
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Triceps Brachii
- Biceps Brachii – Short Head
- Pectoralis Minor
- Serratus Anterior
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you’d like to get, the right improvement implement these easy tips. Furthermore, if you desire to reduce the likelihood of injuries, implement these tips.
- Double Up Bands To Increase The Resistance. When you start to easily do 12 or more reps every set, then you should add to the level of resistance. You can either do this by stretching the band extra at the outset of the exercise or by attaching more bands. The preferred technique is to add more bands due to the fact it is quickly repeatable to have a similar resistance on every workout.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To Check Your Technique. You could feel a little vain looking in a mirror when you are doing exercises, but you are not adoring yourself, you are making sure your technique is strong.
- Slow Every Repetition Down For Improved Gains. When you increase the time under tension, you are exercising your muscles more, and they will respond by developing strength. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps about 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You ought to stay clear of these typical mistakes to have good form and reaching your goals. Additionally
- Don’t Cheat, cheating on the chest press is when you swing you body to use momentum. This will reduce the effectiveness of the workout.
- Don’t have uneven tension one each band, because you will train both arms differently.
- Avoid Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be effecting your agonist (target) muscle, excess, and you’ll likely need to cheat. Ensure that you can conduct between 8-12 reps with proper form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Chest Press
You ought to at this point be prepared to carryout resistance band chest press thoroughly. Your next level is to conduct resistance band chest press as a part of a long term weight training system.