Resistance Band High Chest Flys genuinely are an excellent movement to workout your Upper Chest. You may feel that it really is not very easy to work your Upper Chest at home. Surprisingly, for this simple and easy isolation push exercise, you only will require a resistance band and door anchor. This is a great substitute for decline dumbbell flys.
Resistance Band High Chest Flys Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Latissimus Dorsi, Pectoralis Major – Clavicular, Pectoralis Minor, Rhomboids
- Equipment: Resistance band and door anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band High Chest Flys Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to your anchor point above head level.
- Grab the handles with both your hands while facing away from the anchor point.
- Step out with you arms straight out to your sides until the bands are tight while bending at your waist to about 45-degrees.
- Now, bring the band handles together in a hugging motion directly in front of your knees while maintaining your elbows in a fixed position.
- You should only be hinging at your shoulders, and you should be utilizing your lower chest to pull the handles together.
- Finally, complete the rep by allowing your arms to return to your side while stretching out your lower chest
- Repeat your high flys for 8-12 reps.
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Pectoralis Minor
- Biceps Brachii
- Rectus Abdominis
- Triceps Brachii
- Wrist Flexors
- Erector Spinae
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you wish to have, the optimal improvement implement these easy tips. Most Importantly, if you desire to minimize the chance of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Add More Bands To Multiply The Workout. If you find that you can easily perform 12 or more reps every exercise, then you want to raise the level of resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band further at the outset of the action or by attaching more bands. The favored process is to add some more bands since it is readily repeatable to obtain a similar resistance on every set.
- Complete The Proper Quantity Of Sets With Rest. Your target, to begin with, might be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. Although, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t exhausted at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something needs to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep harder. Second, you can decrease the rest time in between your sets.
- Always Keep Your Stomach Flexed. For most exercises, you will need to help support your back by flexing your stomach to raise your inner pressure around your backbone.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You should avoid these standard mistakes to support great form and improved fitness. Llikewise
- Don’t have unmatched resistance on each side, because you will strengthen both sides with an imbalance.
- Don’t relax your stomach. Flexing your abs protects your spinal column by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. In the majority of the time, cheating is utilizing momentum as a substitute for the strength of your primary muscle tissue. Occasionally, a bit cheating on your final rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, although not for more than one or two reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band High Chest Flys
You should certainly now be prepared to carryout resistance band high chest flys properly. Your future level is to implement resistance band high chest flys as a part of a consistent toning system.