Resistance Band Hip Extensions certainly are nice movement to work your Erector Spinae. You may think it’s not very easy to train your Erector Spinae in your own home. Thankfully, for this easy isolation push exercise, you only will need a resistance band and door anchor. This will work your lower back, similar to doing good morning with a barbell, except you don’t need a barbell.
Resistance Band Hip Extensions Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Erector Spinae
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Gluteus Maximus, and Hamstrings
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Hip Extensions Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to your anchor near the floor.
- Grab the handles with both your hands while facing towards the anchor point.
- While bending at your hips and with your arms extended, come to the starting position.
- If the bands are too loose, step back a little until they are stretching
- Now execute the hip extensions or good mornings by pushing your back up and squeezing your lower back and glutes.
- Once your torso is erected pause.
- Next, slowly lower your torso back to the starting position.
- Repeat these hip extensions for 8-12 reps.
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Maximus
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
- Rectus Abdominis
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to attain the best improvement, implement these straightforward tips. Furthermore, if you want to minimize the chance of injuries, implement these tips.
- Add More Bands To Multiply The Workout. If you find yourself easily doing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you should add to the level of resistance. You can either do this by stretching the band further at the outset of the movement or by attaching more bands. The favored method is to add some more bands due to the fact it is easily repeatable to have the same resistance on every workout.
- Use A Mirror To Improve Your Technique. You might think you are a little vain looking in a mirror when you are doing exercises, but you are not checking yourself out, you are ensuring your technique is strong.
- Always Keep Your Abs Flexed. For most exercises, you should reinforce your spine by flexing your stomach to raise your inner pressure around your spinal column.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You need to avoid these typical mistakes to have good form and improved fitness. At the same time
- Don’t relax your stomach. Tightening your stomach protects your backbone by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Avoid Cheating. In almost all, cheating is applying momentum instead of the strength of your target muscle tissue. Occasionally, a little bit cheating on your last rep can be fine to overload your muscle, although not for more than a handful of reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Hip Extensions
You ought to at this moment have the ability to execute resistance band hip extensions flawlessly. Your next level is to utilize resistance band hip extensions as an aspect of a frequent resistance training strategy.