Resistance Band Hyperextensions definitely are a quality activity to tone your Erector Spinae. You may think it’s an issue to train your Erector Spinae, not at a gym. Luckily, for this quick isolation pull exercise, you just must have a resistance band and door anchor. Normally to do hyperextensions, you need a big piece of equipment that really serves no other purpose, this is a nice alternative if you can’t make it to a gym.
Resistance Band Hyperextensions Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Erector Spinae
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Gluteus Maximus, and Hamstrings
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Hyperextensions Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to your anchor point near the floor such as the bottom of a door.
- Grab the handles with both your hands while facing towards your anchor point.
- While bending at your hips and with your arms extended towards the anchor point come to the starting position.
- You should be stretch out from your but through your arms to the anchor point. If the bands are too loose, take a step or two back until they are taut
- Now execute the hyperextensions by pulling your back up by squeezing your lower back and glutes.
- Once your body is fully standing straight pause.
- Next, slowly lower your chest and arms back to the starting position.
- Repeat these hyperextensions for 8-12 reps.
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Maximus
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
- Rectus Abdominis
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you would like to attain the most beneficial outcomes, stick to these simple and easy tips. Also, if you would like to avoid injuries, stick to these tips.
- Ensure The Resistance Bands Are Strained. Before you start the workout ensure the bands are not hanging.
- Perform The Appropriate Quantity Of Sets With Rest. Your goal initially should be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. However, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t exhausted at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something should change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep harder. Additionally, you can cut down on the rest time in between each set.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To View Your Technique. You might think you are a little vain looking in a mirror while you are working out, but you are not checking yourself out, you are making certain your technique is good.
- Focus On Inhaling And Exhaling. With this and most workouts inhaling and exhaling is very important. You should be breathing out during your target muscle flexing and breathing in when your target muscles are relaxing.
- Maintain Your Stomach Tight. For most exercises, you will need to reinforce your back by flexing your stomach to raise your inner pressure all around your backbone.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You should avoid these standard mistakes to manage ideal form and muscle growth. Furthermore
- Don’t relax your core. Flexing your stomach protects your backbone by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Don’t Cheat. Most of the time, cheating is utilizing momentum instead of the strain of your primary muscle tissue. Once in a while, a bit cheating on your final rep can be great to overload your muscle, but not for more than a few reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Hyperextensions
You ought to immediately be prepared for executing resistance band hyperextensions beautifully. Your next stage is to perform resistance band hyperextensions as a part of a scheduled muscle building routine.