Resistance Band Push Ups certainly are a great activity to tone your chest. You might undoubtedly find that it really is hard to develop your chest effectively at home. Thankfully, for this straight forward compound push exercise, you only must have a resistance band. If you can do a lot of push-ups and want a better workout for your chest this is how you do it.
Resistance Band Push Ups Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Anterior, Pectoralis Major – Clavicular, and Triceps Brachii
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Basic
Resistance Band Push Ups Procedure
- Before you get down into a push-up position, you want to grab the band in both hands with it stretched across your back. You will likely not be grabbing the handles.
- Next, get into the push-up position with the band being stretched behind you to provide extra resistance to your push-ups.
- Now, push-up until your arms are straight, keeping your back and legs straight.
- Then, slowly bend elbows and lower body to floor with the chest almost touching the ground.
- Flex your core to maintain proper alignment. Exhale on exertion and press back up.
- Repeat for 8 – 12 times.
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Triceps Brachii
- Biceps Brachii – Short Head
- Rectus Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you wish to attain the most effective results, follow these straightforward tips. Most Importantly, if you desire to minimize the chance of injuries, stick to these tips.
- Use Multiple Bands To Multiply The Challenge. When you start to easily do 12 or more reps every set, then you want to raise the resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band more at the beginning of the move or by attaching more bands. The popular technique is to add some more bands given that it is readily repeatable to obtain the exact same resistance on each workout.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To Improve Your Technique. You could feel a little vain looking in a mirror when you are doing exercises, but you are not adoring yourself, you are making certain your form is strong.
- Slow Every Repetition Down For Improved Strength Gains. By Raising the time under tension you are exercising your muscles more and they will respond by developing stronger muscles. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps about 4 – 6 seconds constriction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You have to keep from making these standard mistakes to ensure ideal form and reaching your goals. Furthermore
- Don’t have uneven resistance on both sides, because you will utilize both sides with an imbalance.
- Don’t relax your abs. Tightening your abs protects your spinal column by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Avoid Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be sufficiently using your main muscle, excess, and it will lead to cheating. Make certain you can do between 8-12 reps with proper form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Push Ups
You ought to immediately be prepared to perform resistance band push ups perfectly. Your next step is to utilize resistance band push ups as a piece of a frequent weight training strategy.