Resistance Band Push Downs certainly are a fabulous movement to work your Triceps. You may consider that it can be an issue to strengthen your Triceps in your own home. Thankfully, for this simple and easy isolation push exercise, you simply need a resistance band and door anchor. Here is how to substitute cable pushdowns at home.
Resistance Band Push Downs Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Triceps Brachii
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: None
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Push Downs Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to a secure anchor point above your head.
- Grab the handles with both your hands while looking towards the anchor point.
- With your upper arm down at your sides and your forearms and hands up at your chest step back until the bands are stretching.
- Now, execute the push down by extending your arms by only pivoting at your elbows. You are pushing the handles down using your triceps.
- Pause with your arms extended for a moment.
- Then repeat the pushdowns for 8-12 reps.
- Triceps Brachii
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Extensor Carpi Ulnaris
- Flexor Carpi Ulnaris
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Rectus Abdominis
- Teres Major
- Trapezius – Lower
- Wrist Flexors
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you need to get the optimum outcomes, follow these simple and easy tips. Furthermore, if you desire to minimize the chance of injuries, follow these tips.
- Ensure The Bands Are Strained. Before you start the workout ensure the bands are not hanging.
- Do The Proper Number Of Sets With Rest. Your target, in the beginning, ought to be to do 3 sets to near failure. In reality, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscles aren’t worn out at the ending of 3 – 5, something needs to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each repetition harder. Second, you can cut down on the rest time in between each set.
- Concentrate On Inhaling And Exhaling. With this and most workouts respiration is very important. You need to be breathing out during your target muscle constriction and breathing in when your primary muscle group is relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You should refrain from these very common mistakes to support nice form and reaching your goals. As well
- Don’t have unbalanced resistance one each band, or you will use both sides with an imbalance.
- Avoid Cheating. In almost all, cheating is utilizing momentum rather than the force of your target muscle tissue. Occasionally, a bit cheating on your last rep can be fine to overload your muscle, but not for more than a few reps.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be sufficiently using your agonist (target) muscle, more than the right amount, and it will lead to cheating. Make sure you can complete between 8-12 reps with proper form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Push Downs
You should immediately have the ability to carry out resistance band push downs thoroughly. Your next step is to perform resistance band push downs as a piece of a steady strength training program.