Resistance Band Reverse Grip Curls genuinely are a good exercise to firm your Wrist Extensors. You might certainly think that it is challenging to work out your Wrist Extensors on vacation or at home. Good thing, for this simple isolation pull exercise, you only will require a resistance band. With this, you will increase grip strength and bicep strength at the same time.
Resistance Band Reverse Grip Curls Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Wrist Extensors
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Biceps Brachii
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Reverse Grip Curls Procedure
- To set up the reverse grip curls hold the resistance band handles in your hands and lay the center of the band on the floor. Next step on the band with both feet in a narrow stance.
- While standing up straight and your hands at your side and ensure the bands are tight.
- Reverse curls are distinct in that the handle is positioned with your hand on top of the handle in an overhand grip.
- Next, execute the curl by bending your arms at the elbows with your biceps.
- Squeeze your bicep and forearms at the top.
- Finally, lower your hands back down maintaining your overhand grip position.
- Repeat these reverse curls for 8-12 reps.
- Wrist Extensors
- Biceps Brachii
- No Significant Stabilizers
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to have the optimum outcomes, adhere to these easy tips. Also, if you desire to reduce the likelihood of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Add More Bands To Multiply The Challenge. When you start to easily do 12 or more reps every exercise, then you ought to add to the level of resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band extra at the beginning of the movement or by adding more bands. The popular approach is to add some more bands due to the fact it is readily repeatable to obtain a similar resistance on every workout.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To View Your Technique. You could think you are a little vain looking in a mirror any time you are training, but you are not admiring yourself, you are ensuring your form is good.
- Slow Every Rep Down For Superior Strength Gains. When you raise the time under tension you are engaging your muscles longer and they will respond by gaining more muscle. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps approximately 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You want to stop these regularly occurring mistakes to ensure solid form and reaching your goals. Additionally
- Don’t have unbalanced resistance both sides, or you will use both sides with an imbalance.
- Stop Cheating. In nearly all cases, cheating is applying momentum as a substitute for the strength of your main muscle. Sometimes, a little cheating on your final rep can be fine to overload your muscle, however not for more than a couple of reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Reverse Grip Curls
You ought to now be able to conduct resistance band reverse grip curls flawlessly. Your next stage is to execute resistance band reverse grip curls as an aspect of a periodic exercise system.