Resistance Band Hammer Curls certainly are a useful exercise to work your Brachioradialis. You can find that it can be frustrating to work your Brachioradialis on vacation or at home. Surprisingly, for this quick isolation pull exercise, you only absolutely need a resistance band. You will find this a great alternative to dumbbell hammer curls.
Resistance Band Hammer Curls Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Brachioradialis
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Biceps Brachii, and Brachialis
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Hammer Curls Procedure
- To setup the hammer curls hold the resistance band handles in your hands and lay the band on the floor. Next step on the band with both feet, with your feet nearly touching.
- While maintaining your body erect and your hands at your side and ensure the bands are tight.
- Hammer curls are distinct in that the handle position is similar to that of swinging a hammer.
- Now, execute curls by bending your arms at the elbows and curling your arms up with your biceps.
- Squeeze your bicep at the top.
- Finally, lower your hands back down always maintaining your hands in the hammer position.
- Repeat these curls for 8-12 reps.
- Biceps Brachii
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Extensor Carpi Radialis
- Flexor Carpi Radialis
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you’d like to attain the most beneficial gains, abide by these simple and easy tips. Furthermore, if you would like to minimize the chance of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Make sure The Bands Are Firm. Before beginning, the exercise make sure that the bands are not loose.
- Do The Appropriate Amount Of Sets Utilizing Rest. Your goal, to begin with, ought to be to do 3 sets to near failure. In reality, you can build up to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t tired at the end of 3 – 5, something ought to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep harder. Second, you can cut down on the rest time in between each set.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To Check Your Form. You may well think you are a little vain looking in a mirror whenever you are exercising, but you are not checking yourself out, you are insuring your technique is quality.
- Slow Every Repetition Down For Superior Gains. When you increase the time under tension you are working your muscles longer and they will respond by gaining toned muscles. You can accomplish this without increasing the resistance by slowing down you reps roughly 4 – 6 seconds contraction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must keep from doing these fairly typical mistakes to ensure fine form and reaching your goals. Also
- Don’t have uneven resistance one each band or you will train both sides differently.
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. In most cases, cheating is utilizing momentum as a substitute for the strength of your target muscle tissue. Sometimes, some cheating on your final rep can be great to overload your muscle, but not for more than a small number of reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Hammer Curls
You should at this moment have the capability to perform resistance band hammer curls optimally. Your next level is to execute resistance band hammer curls as a component of a recurring muscle building system.