Resistance Band Reverse Sit Up can be a quality physical exercise to activate your Abs. You may consider it’s an issue to condition your Abs at home. Luckily for us, for this simple and easy isolation pull exercise, you only need a resistance band and door anchor. Here is a way to increase the intensity of your ab workout.
Resistance Band Reverse Sit Up Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Rectus Abdominis
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Obliques
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Reverse Sit Up Procedure
- Attach each end of the resistance bands to each one of your ankles and secure the center of the band to a door anchor close to the base of the door.
- Facing toward the door, step back until the resistance bands are tight.
- Sit then lay down on you back feet towards the anchor.
- Next pull your knees to your chest with your abs lifting your butt off the ground.
- Squeeze your abs at the top and hold. Then slowly extend your legs, but don’t let your feet touch the ground.
- Repeat your sit-ups for your desired number of reps.
- Rectus Abdominis
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Rectus Femoris
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Teres Major
- Triceps – Long Head
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you wish to attain the fastest results, adhere to these basic tips. Similarly, if you desire to reduce the likelihood of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Add More Bands To Help to Increase The Challenge. When you start to easily do 12 or more reps every set, then you should add to the resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band further at the outset of the action or by adding more bands. The popular technique is to add more bands due to the fact it is readily repeatable to have the same resistance on every workout.
- Focus On How You Breath. For this and most exercises breathing is essential. You should be exhaling out during your primary muscle constriction and breathing in when your primary muscles are expanding.
- Slow Every Rep Down For Better Gains. By increasing the time under tension you are exercising your muscles longer and they will respond by gaining stronger muscles. You can do this without raising the weight by slowing down you reps approximately 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You should stop these typical mistakes to support ideal form and improved fitness. Also
- Avoid Cheating. Most of the time, cheating is using momentum rather than the strain of your agonist (target) muscle. Once in a while, a little bit cheating on your final rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, however not for more than a handful of reps.
- Avoid Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be sufficiently employing your agonist (target) muscle, a large amount, and you’ll probably cheat. Ensure you can accomplish between 8-12 reps with good form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Reverse Sit Up
You can at this point be prepared to carryout resistance band reverse sit up optimally. Your future level is to conduct resistance band reverse sit up as a piece of a recurring resistance training program.