Resistance Band Straight Leg Raises genuinely are a terrific exercise to tone your Abs. You can easily imagine it’s frustrating to tone your Abs on the go. The good thing is, for this easy to execute isolation push exercise, you simply require a resistance band and door anchor. Need a new way to work your abs and thighs, and then you should try this simple exercise.
Resistance Band Straight Leg Raises Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Rectus Abdominis
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Adductor Brevis, Adductor Longus, Iliopsoas, Obliques, Pectineus, Rectus Femoris, Sartorius, and Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Straight Leg Raises Procedure
- Secure each side of the resistance bands to each of your ankles and hook up the center of the band to a door anchor around the lower end of the door.
- Step out facing away from the anchor point until the band is nice and tight. You may need to grab a chair or wall for balance.
- Also, you can tighten the band by wrapping it around your supporting leg.
- Next, rock your weight on to your support led so that you are at a slight lean. By leaning, you are allowing your active leg to swing past and not hit the ground. For an extra calf workout you can also perform an extended calf raise on your support leg so that you won’t brush the ground.
- Execute each rep by lifting your leg out in front of you only pivoting at your hip.
- Stop the leg raise before your leg is parallel with the ground, and hold for a moment while squeezing your abs and quads.
- Now slowly swing your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the leg raises for 8-12 reps and then switch legs.
- Rectus Abdominis
- Adductor Brevis
- Adductor Longus
- Rectus Femoris
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Rectus Femoris
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Trapezius – Lower
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to get the right outcomes use these straightforward tips. Also, if you would like to minimize the chance of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Complete The Right Amount Of Sets Along With Rest. Your target initially might be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. Although, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscles aren’t tired at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something needs to change. First, you can increase the resistance to make each rep tougher. Second, you can decrease the rest time in between each set.
- Concentrate On The Way You Breath. For this and most exercise movements inhaling and exhaling is vital. You have to be breathing out during the primary muscle contraction and breathing in when your target muscle group is expanding.
- Maintain Your Stomach Tight. For most exercises, you will need to support your back bone by flexing your abs to raise your internal pressure near your backbone.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You need to keep from making these general mistakes to support ideal form and improved tonning. Also
- Avoid Cheating. Most of the time, cheating is employing momentum as a substitute for the force of your target muscle tissue. Once in a while, some cheating on your last rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, but not for more than a few reps.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Resistance. Too little, and you will not be sufficiently employing your agonist (target) muscle, excess, and you’ll probably cheat. Be sure you can accomplish between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Straight Leg Raises
You should at this point be prepared to carryout resistance band straight leg raises beautifully. Your following level is to carry out resistance band straight leg raises as an element of a long term muscle building strategy.