Resistance Band Pulldowns genuinely are a very good physical exercise to workout your Lats. You can certainly believe it’s hard to train your Lats on the go. Surprisingly, for this easy compound pull exercise, you only will need a resistance band and door anchor. Here is a great way to train up to doing pull-ups or to substitute for pull-ups when you don’t have a pull-up bar.
Resistance Band Pulldowns Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Latissimus Dorsi
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Biceps Brachii, Brachialis, Brachioradialis, Deltoid – Posterior, Infraspinatus, Levator Scapulae, Pectoralis Minor, Rhomboids, Teres Major, Teres Minor, Trapezius – Lower, and Trapezius – Middle
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Basic
Resistance Band Pulldowns Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to an anchor above head level.
- Grab the band handles and position so that there is a straight line from the anchor point to your hips that runs through the bands and your arms.
- Specifically, to make this straight line, you will need to bend at your waist. You are trying to simulate the motion of a pull-up, but instead, you are pulling down.
- Additionally, you could need to get down on your knees to get the correct range of motion under tension.
- Ensure the bands are tight with your arms extended.
- Then slowly pull the handles down to below your chin, similar to pulling your body up in a chin-up.
- Pause a moment under full contraction before slowly allowing the bands to extend your arms back straight.
- Repeat for your 8-12 reps.
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Biceps Brachii
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Levator Scapulae
- Pectoralis Minor
- Teres Major
- Teres Minor
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Triceps – Long Head
- No Significant Stabilizers
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to get the right outcomes, use these straightforward tips. Also, if you would like to minimize the chance of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Use Multiple Bands To Raise The Workout. When you are easily performing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you should to increase the level of resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band extra at the beginning of the exercise or by attaching more bands. The popular method is to add some more bands since it is quickly repeatable to get a similar resistance on every workout.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To View Your Technique. You could feel a little vain looking in a mirror when you are exercising, but you are not admiring yourself, you are making sure your form is quality.
- Slow Each Rep Down For Improved Muscle Hypertrophy. By increasing the time under tension you are working your muscles more and they will respond by gaining more muscle. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps roughly 4 – 6 seconds contraction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must stay clear of these regularly occurring mistakes to manage good form and reaching your goals. Equally important
- Don’t have unbalanced resistance on each side, or you will strengthen both sides unevenly.
- Avoid Cheating. In almost all, cheating is utilizing momentum rather than the force of your target muscle tissue. Occasionally, a bit cheating on your last rep can be fine to overload your muscle, but not for more than a few reps.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be effecting your agonist (target) muscle, more than the right amount, and you’ll probably cheat. Make certain you can conduct between 8-12 reps with correct technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Pulldowns
You should certainly at this moment have the capability of executing resistance band pulldowns beautifully. Your future phase is to carry out resistance band pulldowns as apiece of a steady muscle building regime.