Resistance Band Straight Arm Pulldowns are a terrific exercise to firm your Lats. You are likely to believe it’s not very easy to develop your Lats at home. Good thing, for this simple isolation pull exercise, you only will need a resistance band and door anchor. It is hard to work your lats as well as with straight arm pull-downs, and now you can do them anywhere this way.
Resistance Band Straight Arm Pulldowns Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Latissimus Dorsi
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Posterior, Levator Scapulae, Pectoralis Major – Sternal, Pectoralis Minor, Rhomboids, Teres Major, and Triceps Long Head
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Straight Arm Pulldowns Procedure
- Secure the resistance bands to an anchor above your head level.
- Grab both band handles and position you body so that there is a straight line from the anchor point to your hips and the bands are pulling your hands up.
- Although, you may need to get down on your knees to get the correct range of motion under tension, depending on the band’s placement and your height.
- Ensure the bands are tight with your arms extended.
- Then slowly pull the handles down to below your waist without bending your elbows.
- Pause an instant under full contraction and then slowly allow the bands to pull your arms back up, still never bending your elbows.
- Repeat for your 8-12 reps.
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Levator Scapulae
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Teres Major
- Triceps Long Head
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Triceps Brachii
- Wrist Flexors
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
In order for you to get the right improvement, adhere to these basic tips. Similarly, if you need to minimize the chance of injuries, stick with these tips.
- Perform The Correct Number of Sets Along With Rest. Your target, in the beginning, should be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. In reality, you can build up to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t exhausted at the end of 3 – 5, something ought to change. First, you can increase the resistance to make each repetition tougher. Next, you can decrease the rest time between each set.
- Concentrate On The Way You Breath. With this and most workouts breathing is very important. You need to be breathing out during your target muscle constriction and inhaling when your target muscle group is extending.
- Slow Every Repetition Down For Better Gains. By increasing the time under tension you are engaging your muscles longer and they will respond by gaining toned muscles. You can achieve this without increasing the resistance by doing slow reps about 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must keep from doing these fairly typical mistakes to maintain ideal form and reaching your goals. Additionally
- Don’t have unbalanced resistance one each band, because you will use both sides with an imbalance.
- Don’t relax your core. Tightening your stomach protects your spine by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Resistance. Not enough, and you will not be adequately fatiguing your primary muscle, excessive, and you’ll likely need to cheat. Be sure you can do between 8-12 reps with correct technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Straight Arm Pulldowns
You ought to immediately be ready do resistance band straight arm pulldowns properly. Your future stage is to perform resistance band straight arm pulldowns as a component of a periodic muscle building routine.