Resistance Band Standing Twists genuinely are a fabulous physical exercise to train your Obliques. You can certainly find it’s tough to train your Obliques without a gym. The good news is, for this straight forward isolation pull exercise, you only absolutely need a resistance band and door anchor. One of the best ways to work your obliques is to twist, and this is a great substitute for cable twists at home.
Resistance Band Standing Twists Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Obliques
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Adductors – Hip, Erector Spinae, Gluteus medius, Gluteus minimus – anterior fibers, Iliocastalis lumborum, Iliocastalis thoracis, Psoas major, Quadratus lumborum, and Tensor fasciae latae
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Standing Twists Procedure
- Anchor the bands to a point as close to shoulder height as possible. Then, grasp the handles together with both hands.
- Step and turn your lower body away from the anchor point. Your arms should be near horizontal and straight. Position Your feet facing perpendicular to the anchor point.
- Next place your leg furthest further away from the anchor point in front. Raise the heel of your back foot off slightly off the floor.
- Now, Keeping arms straight, rotate torso to the other side until the band makes contact with your shoulder. Return to starting position.
- Repeat your twists for 8-12 reps.
- Adductors – Hip
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus medius
- Gluteus minimus – anterior fibers
- Iliocastalis lumborum
- Iliocastalis thoracis
- Psoas major
- Quadratus lumborum
- Tensor fasciae latae
- Deltoid – Lateral
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Rectus Abdominis
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to attain the best outcomes, implement these basic tips. Also, if you would like to prevent injuries, abide by these tips.
- Use Multiple Bands To Increase The Challenge. When you are easily performing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you should add to the level of resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band further at the outset of the move or by using more bands. The favored technique is to add some more bands due to the fact it is conveniently repeatable to have the same resistance on each workout.
- Concentrate On Your Breathing. For this and most exercise movements breathing is essential. You ought to be breathing out during your primary muscle constriction and inhaling when the target muscles are relaxing.
- Slow Each Repetition Down For Improved Gains. When you raise the time under tension you are engaging your muscles more and they will respond by increasing toned muscles. You can accomplish this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps roughly 4 – 6 seconds constriction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You have to refrain from these general mistakes to manage nice form and muscle growth. Additionally
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. In almost all, cheating is utilizing momentum instead of the strength of your primary muscle tissue. From time to time, some cheating on your final rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, but not for more than a handful of reps.
- Stop Yourself From Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be sufficiently employing your agonist (target) muscle, excessive, and you will probably cheat. Be sure you can accomplish between 8-12 reps with good form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Standing Twists
You should certainly now be ready to carryout resistance band standing twists thoroughly. Your next step is to utilize resistance band standing twists as a part of a steady weight training strategy.