Resistance Band Side Bends definitely are an excellent physical exercise to build your Obliques. You may believe that it is challenging to strengthen your Obliques where you live. The good news is, for this simple isolation pull exercise, you only will need a resistance band and door anchor. Here is a good way to work your obliques with no twisting involved.
Resistance Band Side Bends Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Obliques
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Iliocastalis lumborum, Iliocastalis thoracis, Psoas major, and Quadratus lumborum
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Side Bends Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to a good anchor point close to the base of the floor.
- Grab the resistance band handles with both hands, or you can put both handles in the one hand that will be towards the anchor point
- Stand perpendicular to the anchor point and allow the band to pull you over at the hips sideways in a side bend.
- Then once you have reached your maximum stretch, pull your body back to vertical.
- Repeat these side bends for 8-12 reps, then switch sides
- Iliocastalis lumborum
- Iliocastalis thoracis
- Psoas major
- Quadratus lumborum
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
In order for you to get the right improvement, adhere to these basic tips. Similarly, if you need to minimize the chance of injuries, stick with these tips.
- Complete The Appropriate Amount Of Sets Using Rest. Your goal at first might be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. However, you can raise to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t exhausted at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something needs to change. First, you can increase the resistance to make each rep tougher. Second, you can reduce the rest time in between your sets.
- Use A Mirror If Available To Improve Your Technique. You might think you are a little vain looking in a mirror whenever you are working out, but you are not adoring yourself, you are insuring your technique is solid.
- Slow Your Exercise Down For Greater Muscle Hypertrophy. When you increase the time under tension you are engaging your muscles longer and they will respond by developing toned muscles. You can do this without increasing the resistance by doing slow reps approximately 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You ought to stay clear of these common mistakes to support solid form and strength gains. Additionally
- Don’t Cheat. In almost all, cheating is using momentum instead of the strain of your primary muscle tissue. Once in a while, a little bit cheating on your last rep can be good to overload your muscle, although not for more than a few reps.
- Stop Yourself From Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Too little, and you will not be adequately fatiguing your main muscle, too much, and it will lead to cheating. Make sure you can perform between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Side Bends
You should certainly at this moment have the capability to perform resistance band side bends flawlessly. Your next level is to execute resistance band side bends as a part of a frequent resistance training regime.