Resistance Band Side Crunch certainly is an incredible exercise to work your Obliques. You might believe it’s impossible to develop your Obliques unless you’re at a gym. Surprisingly, for this simple and easy isolation pull exercise, you only require a resistance band and door anchor. If twisting is not your thing for working your obliques, you will like this exercise.
Resistance Band Side Crunch Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Obliques
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Quadratus lumborum, Psoas major, Iliocastalis lumborum, and Iliocastalis thoracis
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Side Crunch Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to a good anchor point above your head.
- Set your body up standing at a 90-degree angle from the band and anchor.
- Grab the resistance band handles with the hand that is closest to the anchor.
- Pull the band with your hand down to a level where it is tight.
- Then perform your crunch by pulling with your side obliques.
- After you have reached your maximum crunch, allow the band to pull your body back to vertical.
- Repeat these side crunches for 8-12 reps and then switch sides.
- Quadratus lumborum
- Psoas major
- Iliocastalis lumborum
- Iliocastalis thoracis
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Teres Major
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Lower
- Triceps – Long Head
- Biceps Brachii
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to attain the optimum improvement use, these simple tips. Similarly, if you want to avoid injuries, follow these tips.
- Use Multiple Bands To Raise The Challenge. When you are easily performing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you ought to raise the level of resistance. You can either do this by stretching the band further at the outset of the exercise or by attaching more bands. The recommended method is to add some more bands since it is readily repeatable to have a similar resistance on each workout.
- Complete The Right Quantity Of Sets With Rest. Your target at first might be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. Although, you can raise to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t tired at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something needs to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each repetition more difficult. Additionally, you can reduce the rest time between your sets.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You need to keep from making these regularly occurring mistakes to ensure nice form and muscle firming. Additionally
- Stop Cheating. Most of the time, cheating is utilizing momentum instead of the strength of your agonist (target) muscle tissue. Once in a while, a little bit cheating on your final rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, although not for more than a handful of reps.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be sufficiently using your target muscle, too much, and you will probably cheat. Make certain you can conduct between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Side Crunch
You should certainly immediately be able to carryout resistance band side crunch perfectly. Your next step is to carry out resistance band side crunch as a piece of a periodic muscle building regime.