Resistance Band Single Leg Bent Over Hip Extensions certainly are a quality activity to work your Glutes. You might think that it can be hard to exercise, your Glutes on the go. Thankfully, for this easy to execute isolation push exercise, you just will need a resistance band and door anchor. Here is a great way to tone your butt at home.
Resistance Band Single Leg Bent Over Hip Extensions Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Gluteus Maximus
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Hamstrings
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Single Leg Bent Over Hip Extensions Procedure
- Secure each end of the resistance bands to each of your ankles and hook up the center of the band to a door anchor near the lower end of the door.
- Next, while facing toward the door, step back until the bands are taut, and you are bent over towards the door at your hips.
- Your goal is to bend forward at your hips about 45 degrees to elongate your glutes and hamstrings during the exercise. If you aren’t able to get the band tight enough, you can wrap the band around your other leg until it is taut.
- To begin the exercise extend your leg and point your foot towards the bottom of the door.
- Now while only pivoting at your hip push your leg back behind you by contracting your glutes.
- Finally, focus on contracting your glutes at the top, then slowly return your leg back to pointing the door.
- Repeat your bent over hip extensions for 8-12 reps then switch legs.
- Gluteus Maximus
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus
- Quadratus Lumborum
- Rectus Abdominis
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to get the right outcomes, use these straightforward tips. Also, if you would like to minimize the chance of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Complete The Right Amount Of Sets Using Rest. Your objective, to begin with, should be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. Although, you can raise to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t tired at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something ought to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each repetition tougher. Second, you can cut down on the rest time in between your sets.
- Focus On Inhaling And Exhaling. For this and most workouts respiration is important. You need to be exhaling out during the primary muscle flexing and breathing in when your primary muscle group is relaxing.
- Slow Your Exercise Down For Greater Muscle Hypertrophy. By Raising the time under tension you are exercising your muscles more and they will respond by gaining toned muscles. You can do this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps about 4 – 6 seconds constriction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds extending.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must stay clear of these basic mistakes to maintain solid form and muscle growth. Additionally
- Don’t relax your core. Flexing your abs protects your spine by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Avoid Cheating. In most cases, cheating is utilizing momentum as a substitute for the strength of your target muscle tissue. Once in a while, a little bit cheating on your final rep can be good to overload your muscle, although not for more than 1 or 2 reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Single Leg Bent Over Hip Extensions
You can at this moment be prepared to execute resistance band single leg bent over hip extensions optimally. Your next phase is to execute resistance band single leg bent over hip extensions as a component of a periodic resistance training system.