Resistance Band Kickbacks definitely are an incredible exercise to firm your Glutes. You will likely find that it’s tough to improve your Glutes where you live. The good news is, for this easy to execute compound push exercise, you only really need a resistance band. You can do these kickbacks without any resistance, but using bands take it to the next level.
Resistance Band Kickbacks Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Gluteus Maximus
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Adductor Magnus
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Kickbacks Procedure
- To get the starting position from standing, grab the band handles in both hands. Next, step on the band with the foot that will be executing the kickbacks.
- Then Kneel down and bend over onto your elbows.
- Once at this position the band should be taut and you are ready to do some kickbacks.
- Press your leg back and up by using both your glutes and quads.
- After your leg has been fully extended return your knee back to the starting position.
- Repeat the kickbacks for 8-12 reps.
- Gluteus Maximus
- Adductor Magnus
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus
- Rectus Abdominis
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you’d like to get the optimum improvement, adhere to these basic tips. Equally important, if you want to avert injuries, implement these tips.
- If you are having trouble with the band slipping off your foot you can use an ankle strap around your foot. Place the strap on your foot then feed the band through the strap, this should help the band not come off your foot.
- Do The Appropriate Amount Of Sets Along With Rest. Your target, to begin with, should be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. However, you can build up to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t tired at the end of 3 – 5, something should change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep tougher. Second, you can reduce the rest time in between your sets.
- Slow Every Repetition Down For Superior Strength Gains. By increasing the time under tension you are engaging your muscles longer and they will respond by increasing toned muscles. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by doing slow reps approximately 4 – 6 seconds contraction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You need to stop these standard mistakes to have nice form and improved fitness. Llikewise
- Don’t relax your core. Flexing your abs protects your back by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. In almost all, cheating is employing momentum as a substitute for the strength of your agonist (target) muscle tissue. From time to time, some cheating on your final rep can be fine to overload your muscle, although not for more than a handful of reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Kickbacks
You ought to now be capable of conducting resistance band kickbacks perfectly. Your future phase is to execute resistance band kickbacks as an element of a regular resistance training system.