Resistance Band Single Leg Curls certainly are a useful physical exercise to build your Hamstrings. You might undoubtedly think it’s challenging to condition your Hamstrings where you live. Surprisingly, for this easy to execute isolation pull exercise, you only will require a resistance band and door anchor. This is a great alternative to a leg curl machine.
Resistance Band Single Leg Curls Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Hamstrings
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Gastrocnemius, Gracilis, Popliteus, and Sartorius
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Single Leg Curls Procedure
- Connect each end of the resistance bands to each one of your ankles and secure the center of the band to a door anchor around the lower end of the door.
- Then continue to face the door and move away until the band is tight.
- You want to be close enough you can lean on the door or wall for balance with your hands out. If you can’t get the band tight enough you can move farther away and use a chair for balance, or you can wrap the band around your other leg until it is tight.
- Now you want to keep you exercising side knee as stable as possible, so that it is the only joint that is moving.
- Next bend at your knee pulling on the band, squeeze at the end of your range of motion.
- Slowly straighten your knee to the starting position.
- Repeat for 8-12 reps and then switch legs.
- No Significant Stabilizers
- Rectus Femoris
- Tibialis Anterior
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you need to get the optimum outcomes, follow these simple and easy tips. Furthermore, if you desire to minimize the chance of injuries, follow these tips.
- Add More Bands To Increase The Workout. If you find yourself easily doing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you need to add to the level of resistance. You can either do this by stretching the band further at the start of the move or by attaching more bands. The recommended approach is to add some more bands due to the fact it is readily repeatable to get the exact same resistance on each set.
- Perform The Correct Number Of Sets Using Rest. Your objective initially should be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. However, you can build up to 5 sets. If your muscles aren’t tired at the end of 3 – 5, something should change. Primarily you can increase the resistance to make each rep tougher. Second, you can cut down on the rest time between each set.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must keep from making these typical mistakes to have nice form and muscle firming. Moreover
- Don’t Cheat. Most of the time, cheating is utilizing momentum as a substitute for the strain of your target muscle. Once in a while, some cheating on your final rep can be good to overload your muscle, although not for more than a small number of reps.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be sufficiently employing your primary muscle, excessive, and you’ll probably cheat. Make sure you can perform between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Single Leg Curls
You can immediately be prepared to perform resistance band single leg curls beautifully. Your next level is to carry out resistance band single leg curls as a component of a frequent muscle building strategy.