Resistance Band Leg Curls are a terrific exercise to tone your Hamstrings. You can easily think that it can be challenging to train your Hamstrings without a gym. Good thing, for this easy isolation pull exercise, you only require a resistance band and door anchor. Finally, a way to do isolated hamstring exercises without a bulky machine.
Resistance Band Leg Curls Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Hamstrings
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Gracilis, Popliteus, Sartorius, and Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Leg Curls Procedure
- Connect each side of the resistance bands to each of your ankles and connect the center of the band to a door anchor near the bottom of the door.
- Facing away from the door, step out until the resistance bands are taut
- Next, lay down forward on your stomach ensuring the bands remain taut.
- Now curl your legs to your buttock. your knees should not leave the ground
- Squeeze your hamstrings at the top, then slowly lower your feet back down.
- repeat this curls for 8-12 reps
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Rectus Femoris
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus
- Tibialis Anterior
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you wish to attain the most effective returns, follow these straightforward tips. Most Importantly, if you desire to minimize the chance of injuries, stick to these tips.
- Add More Bands To Increase The Challenge. When you start to easily do 12 or more reps every exercise, then you want to add to the level of resistance. You can either do this by stretching the band more at the outset of the move or by attaching more bands. The preferred approach is to add some more bands due to the fact it is quickly repeatable to obtain a similar resistance on every workout.
- Perform The Right Quantity Of Sets Along With Rest. Your target initially might be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. Although, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t worn out at the ending of 3 – 5, something should change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each repetition tougher. Second, you can reduce the rest time in between each set.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You ought to keep from making these common mistakes to support superb form and strength gains. In addition
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. Most of the time, cheating is applying momentum rather than the strength of your main muscle. From time to time, a little bit cheating on your final rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, but not for more than one or two reps.
- Avoid Using Too Little or Too Much Resistance. Too little, and you will not be affecting your primary muscle, a large amount, and you’ll likely need to cheat. Make certain you can complete between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Leg Curls
You should immediately be prepared to perform resistance band leg curls flawlessly. Your next step is to utilize resistance band leg curls as a part of a long term resistance training routine.