Resistance Band Pull Down Standing Twists are a helpful exercise to activate your Obliques. You may find it’s not very easy to exercise, your Obliques not at a gym. The good news is, for this easy isolation pull exercise, you only need a resistance band and door anchor. When you need a new way to train your Obliques, this is a great movement.
Resistance Band Pull Down Standing Twists Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Obliques
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Adductors, Gluteus medius, Gluteus minimus – anterior fibers, Iliocastalis lumborum, Iliocastalis thoracis, Psoas major, Quadratus lumborum, and Tensor fasciae latae
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Pull Down Standing Twists Procedure
- Anchor the bands to a point as above your head. Then, grasp the handles together with both hands.
- Step and turn your lower body away from the anchor point. Your arms should be reaching back up and behind you with your body twisted. Position your feet facing away from and to the side of the anchor point.
- Next, place your foot furthest further away from the anchor point in front. Raise the heel of your back foot off the ground slightly.
- Now, Keeping arms straight, rotate torso and bend forward to the other side until the band makes contact with your shoulder.
- Finally, untwist and return to starting position.
- Repeat your twists for 8-12 reps.
- Gluteus medius
- Gluteus minimus – anterior fibers
- Iliocastalis lumborum
- Iliocastalis thoracis
- Psoas major
- Quadratus lumborum
- Tensor fasciae latae
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Erector Spinae
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Pectoralis Minor
- Rectus Abdominis
- Teres Major
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Triceps – Long Head
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
In order for you to get the right improvements, adhere to these basic tips. Similarly, if you need to minimize the chance of injuries, stick with these tips.
- Complete The Correct Quantity Of Sets With Rest. Your goal initially ought to be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. However, you can raise to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t exhausted at the end of 3 – 5, something needs to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep harder. Next, you can cut down on the rest time between each set.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To Check Your Form. You may think you are a little vain looking in a mirror when you are doing exercises, but you are not admiring yourself, you are insuring your form is effective.
- Slow Each Rep Down For Improved Strength Gains. By Raising the time under tension you are engaging your muscles more and they will respond by gaining strength. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by slowing down you reps roughly 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must keep from doing these fairly typical mistakes to have ideal form and reaching your goals. As well
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. In most cases, cheating is employing momentum as a substitute for the strain of your main muscle tissue. Once in a while, a little cheating on your last rep can be beneficial to overload your muscle, but not for more than a handful of reps.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Tension. Too little, and you will not be sufficiently using your main muscle, excessive, and it will lead to cheating. Make sure you can do between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Pull Down Standing Twists
You ought to at this point be ready of executing resistance band pull down standing twists perfectly. Your next stage is to perform resistance band pull down standing twists as an aspect of a recurring exercise regime.