Resistance Band Shoulder Press genuinely is a useful movement to workout your Deltoids. You may think it’s challenging to work your Deltoids by yourself. The good thing is, for this easy to execute compound push exercise, you simply really need a resistance band. This is a simple substitute for either dumbbell or barbell shoulder press.
Resistance Band Shoulder Press Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Deltoid – Anterior
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Lateral, Serratus Anterior, Trapezius – Lower, Trapezius – Middle, and Triceps Brachii
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Basic
Resistance Band Shoulder Press Procedure
- To set up for the shoulder press, step on the middle of the resistance band with both feet while holding the handles in both hands
- Raise the handles up to your shoulders.
- Now press the handle straight up by extending your arms.
- Then lower the handles back to the starting position
- Repeat your should press for 8-12 reps.
- Deltoid, Anterior
- Deltoid – Lateral
- Serratus Anterior
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Triceps Brachii
- Triceps – Long Head
- Trapezius – Upper
- Levator Scapulae
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you want to attain the best outcomes, implement these basic tips. Also, if you would like to prevent injuries, abide by these tips.
- Double Up Bands To Help to Increase The Workout. When you start to easily do 12 or more reps every exercise, then you should add to the resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band further at the outset of the move or by using more bands. The preferred procedure is to add some more bands due to the fact it is readily repeatable to obtain the same resistance on every set.
- Concentrate On Inhaling And Exhaling. With this and most exercise movements respiration is critical. You have to be exhaling out during your primary muscle flexing and inhaling when your target muscle group is expanding.
- Slow Every Rep Down For Better Muscle Hypertrophy. When you increase the time under tension you are engaging your muscles longer and they will respond by developing toned muscles. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by slowing down you reps roughly 4 – 6 seconds flexing and pause then 4 – 6 seconds relaxing.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You have to stay clear of these basic mistakes to ensure nice form and reaching your goals. Moreover
- Don’t have unequal resistance one each band, or you will train both sides unevenly.
- Don’t relax your abs. Tightening your abs protects your backbone by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Don’t use To Little or Too Much Tension. Not enough, and you will not be effecting your agonist (target) muscle, excessive, and it will lead to cheating. Ensure that you can complete between 8-12 reps with good technique.
Recap Of Resistance Band Shoulder Press
You ought to immediately be ready to carryout resistance band shoulder press optimally. Your future stage is to utilize resistance band shoulder press as an aspect of a regular toning strategy.