Resistance Band Flys certainly are an incredible physical exercise to build your chest. You can certainly think that it must be frustrating to strengthen your chest on the go. Fortunately, for this easy to execute isolation push exercise, you only will require a resistance band and door anchor. Here is a great alternative to dumbbell flys or the Pec Deck machine.
Resistance Band Flys Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Pectoralis Major – Sternal
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Latissimus Dorsi, Levator Scapulae, Pectoralis Major – Clavicular, Pectoralis Minor, and Rhomboids
- Equipment: Resistance band and door anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Flys Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to your anchor point to a height that is just below your armpits.
- Grab the handles in both hands while facing away from the anchor point.
- Step out with you arms straight out to your sides until the bands are tight.
- Next, Bring the band handles together in a hugging motion while maintaining your elbows in a fixed position.
- Your only hinge should be at your shoulders, and you should be utilizing your chest to pull the handles together.
- To complete the rep allow your arms to return to your side while stretching out your chest
- Repeat your flys for 8-12 reps.
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Levator Scapulae
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Pectoralis Minor
- Biceps Brachii
- Rectus Abdominis
- Triceps Brachii
- Wrist Flexors
- Erector Spinae
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you’d like to attain the right returns, adhere to these essential tips. Furthermore, if you would like to minimize the chance of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Make certain The Bands Are Strained. Before you begin the workout make sure the resistance bands are not hanging.
- Do The Correct Amount Of Sets Along With Rest. Your target, in the beginning, ought to be to do 3 sets to near fatigue. However, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t fatigued at the ending of 3 – 5, something needs to change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep harder. Next, you can decrease the rest time in between your sets.
- Make Use Of A Mirror To Watch Your Technique. You may think you are a little vain looking in a mirror while you are exercising, but you are not admiring yourself, you are making certain your technique is effective.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You have to keep from making these regularly occurring mistakes to ensure solid form and reaching your goals. Llikewise
- Don’t have unmatched tension one each band, because you will use both sides with an imbalance.
- Don’t Cheat. Most of the time, cheating is utilizing momentum rather than the strength of your main muscle. Sometimes, a little bit cheating on your last rep can be great to overload your muscle, however not for more than a few reps.
Recap Of Resistance Band Flys
You should at this point be able to conduct resistance band flys optimally. Your following phase is to carry out resistance band flys as a component of a regular weight training routine.