Resistance Band Upright Rows undoubtedly are an excellent physical exercise to strengthen your Lats and Traps. You can certainly think that it is frustrating to workout your Lats and Traps unless you’re at a gym. Fortunately, for this straight forward compound pull exercise, you simply need a resistance band. Some people have shoulder pain when doing upright rows, and we will show you how to reduce your chance of injury.
Resistance Band Upright Rows Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Deltoid – Lateral
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Biceps Brachii, Brachialis, Brachioradialis, Deltoid – Anterior, Infraspinatus, Serratus Anterior, Teres Minor, Trapezius – Lower, and Trapezius – Middle
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Pull
- Utility: Basic or Auxiliary
Resistance Band Upright Rows Procedure
- Setup for upright rows by holding the resistance band handles in both hands and laying the band on the floor. Next, step on the band with at least one foot.
- When standing up straight and your arms extended towards the ground, you want the band tight. Additionally, you can wrap the band around your foot fro more tension.
- Now perform the rows by pulling the band handles up to under your chin. To reduce shoulder stress, you can rotate your wrists up.
- Once you have reached your maximum range of motion, pause.
- Then slowly lower your arms back your side by allowing the bands to pull them down.
- Repeat these upright rows for 8-12 reps.
- Deltoid, Lateral
- Biceps Brachii
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Serratus Anterior
- Teres Minor
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Upper
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
In order for you to attain the most significant improvements, stick to these straightforward tips. Equally, if you want to reduce the likelihood of injuries, use these tips.
- Complete The Proper Number Of Sets Along With Rest. Your goal, to begin with, might be to do 3 sets to near failure. Nevertheless, you can build up to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t fatigued at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something ought to change. Primarily you can increase the resistance to make each repetition tougher. Next, you can cut down on the rest time in between each set.
- Concentrate On Inhaling And Exhaling. With this and most exercise movements respiration is very important. You have to be breathing out during the target muscle constriction and inhaling when your primary muscles are expanding.
- Slow Every Repetition Down For Superior Strength Gains. By Raising the time under tension you are engaging your muscles longer and they will respond by developing toned muscles. You can achieve this without raising the resistance by slowing down you reps roughly 4 – 6 seconds constriction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You have to keep from making these common mistakes to ensure solid form and reaching your goals. Additionally
- Don’t have unmatched tension one each band, or you will strengthen both sides unevenly.
- Don’t relax your abs. Flexing your abs protects your spinal column by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Stop Yourself From Using Too Little or Too Much Resistance. Not enough, and you will not be adequately fatiguing your primary muscle, too much, and you’ll probably cheat. Be sure you can do between 8-12 reps with good form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Upright Rows
You are now ready to perform resistance band upright rows perfectly. Your next stage is to implement resistance band upright rows as a piece of a steady strength training system.