Resistance Band Single Leg Extensions certainly are nice exercises to work your Quads. You can easily think that it must be an issue to tone your Quads in your own home. The good thing is, for this simple isolation push exercise, you only really need a resistance band and door anchor. This is a great way to isolate your own Quads on the go.
Resistance Band Single Leg Extensions Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Quadriceps
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Iliopsoas, Sartorius, and Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Equipment: Resistance Band and Door Anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band Single Leg Extensions Procedure
- Connect each end of the resistance bands to each one of your ankles and hook up the center of the band to a door anchor around the bottom of the door.
- Step out away from the anchor point until the band is tight. You may want to grab a chair for balance, or you can use a wall if there is one close.
- Additionally, you can tighten the band more by wrapping it around your support leg.
- Next, raise your leg up in front of you with your knee bent just enough that when you straighten your knee, your foot will not touch the ground.
- You can put a broomstick or rod under your knee and brace it with your hand. The bar should cross in front of your support leg and behind your active leg, although this is not necessary.
- Now that you are in position, extend your leg by bending only at your knee.
- Focus on flexing your quad and hold for a second.
- Finally, bend you leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat for your 8-12 reps and then switch legs.
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus
- Quadratus lumborum
- Rectus Abdominis
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
If you would like to get the greatest gains, stick to these straightforward tips. Similarly, if you would like to minimize the chance of injuries, follow these tips.
- Double Up Bands To Raise The Workout. If you find yourself easily doing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you need to raise the level of resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band further at the outset of the movement or by including more bands. The favored technique is to add more bands since it is conveniently repeatable to get a similar resistance on every workout.
- Perform The Appropriate Amount Of Sets Along With Rest. Your target at first ought to be to do 3 sets to near failure. In reality, you can raise to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t tired at the conclusion of 3 – 5, something should change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each repetition harder. Additionally, you can cut down on the rest time in between each set.
- Maintain Your Abs Tight. For most exercises, you need to support your back bone by flexing your core to raise your inner pressure near your spinal column.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You need to keep from making these standard mistakes to ensure nice form and improved tonning. Moreover
- Don’t Allow Yourself To Cheat. In the majority of the time, cheating is employing momentum as a substitute for the strength of your target muscle tissue. Once in a while, some cheating on your last rep can be great to overload your muscle, but not for more than a couple of reps.
- Stop Yourself From Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Too little, and you will not be adequately using your agonist (target) muscle, a large amount, and you will probably cheat. Ensure that you can conduct between 8-12 reps with proper form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Single Leg Extensions
You should now be ready to conduct resistance band single leg extensions flawlessly. Your following stage is to conduct resistance band single leg extensions as a piece of a scheduled toning routine.