Resistance Band Squats genuinely are a terrific movement to work your Quadriceps. You can certainly think that it can’t be elementary to exercise, your Quadriceps not at a gym. Surprisingly, for this simple compound push exercise, you simply really need a resistance band. You can add a lot of resistance to your squats at home by doing them this way.
Resistance Band Squats Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Quadriceps
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Adductor Magnus, Gluteus Maximus, and Soleus
- Equipment: Resistance Band
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Basic
Resistance Band Squats Procedure
- Setup for squats by holding the resistance band handles in both hands and laying the band on the ground. Then step on the band with your feet.
- Squat down and ensure that the bands are tight when you are at the bottom for increased resistance. You can push the bands up with your arms until they are tight, pull some of the band between your feet.
- Now, from the squat position press back to a standing position with your quads and glutes. You should maintain the resistance bands in a vertical line from the floor throughout the squat.
- Repeat your squats for 8-12 reps.
- Adductor Magnus
- Gluteus Maximus
- Erector Spinae
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
- Rectus Abdominis
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you wish to attain the most beneficial benefits, adhere to these basic tips. Similarly, if you desire to reduce the likelihood of injuries, abide by these tips.
- Use Multiple Bands To Help to Increase The Resistance. When you are easily performing 12 or more reps every exercise, then you ought to increase the resistance. You can either do this by elongating the band further at the beginning of the move or by attaching more bands. The preferred method is to add some more bands due to the fact it is easily repeatable to obtain the same resistance on every workout.
- Perform The Proper Quantity Of Sets Using Rest. Your target, to begin with, should be to do 3 sets to near failure. In reality, you can increase to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t tired at the ending of 3 – 5, something should change. Initally, you can increase the resistance to make each rep tougher. Second, you can reduce the rest time between each set.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You must keep from making these standard mistakes to support great form and strength gains. As well
- Don’t have unbalanced resistance on each side, because you will strengthen both sides unevenly.
- Don’t relax your core. Tightening your core protects your back by maintaining your internal pressure.
- Stop Yourself From Using Too Little or Too Much Tension. Too little, and you will not be sufficiently employing your agonist (target) muscle, a large amount, and you’ll probably cheat. Make certain you can perform between 8-12 reps with good form.
Recap Of Resistance Band Squats
You can now be capable to carryout resistance band squats thoroughly. Your future level is to execute resistance band squats as an aspect of a recurring exercise program.