The Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise is a well-known weight training exercise to activate and work your shoulders. Are you looking for some tips and technique to be an instant expert at working your deltoids? You’ll want to try this tutorial to help you get on the right path.
Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise Exercise Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Deltoid – Lateral
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Anterior, Serratus Anterior, Supraspinatus, Trapezius – Lower, and Trapezius – Middle
- Equipment: Dumbbells and Bench
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise Procedure
- Commence by taking up the dumbbells and having a seat on the end of a bench or chair with your legs in front of you.
- Bend forward slightly and start with the dumbbells under your thighs.
- Now with your elbows locked, the don’t need to be straight, just locked, raise the dumbbells out to the side.
- After you have your arms parallel with the deck you can pause then lower them back down again.
- Continue to do it again for your desired number of reps.
- Deltoid, Lateral
- Deltoid – Anterior
- Serratus Anterior
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Upper
- Wrist Extensors
For you to experience the greatest benefits, you will want to use these easily done tips. Most Importantly, when you need to avoid getting an injury, you would be wise to adhere to these tips.
- To Develop Power And Speed, Raise The Velocity Of Your Exercise. Preserve effective form or you might be more suboptimal to injuries. You will need to drop the weight to 50-60% of your single rep max weight when training for explosiveness. Also, you should now pause in between every repetition.
- Maintain Your Abs Tight. For most exercises, you will need to support your spine by flexing your abs to raise your inner pressure near your backbone.
- At All Times Incorporate Maximum Range Of Flexion. By using total range of motion you can ensure that you build the entire muscle and that you maintain your flexibility.
- Vary Your Training Sets Every Few Weeks With Varied Weight And Rep Combos. Such as set of 5 of 5 for a week or two, then 3 sets of 8-20 reps for a few weeks.
Get More Bodybuilding Tips Here.
Mistakes to Avoid
You will need to keep from making these typical issues to build and maintain good form and continue to develop gains. Likewise, when you eliminate these errors you will prevent the opportunity of having to deal with an injury.
- You Don’t Want To Ignore Any Of Your Pain. Tender muscles and injury pain are not necessarily always the same. Once you appear agony whenever you are training you should stop, or you can simply just mhelp to make this injury even worse.
- Try Not To Trai On Your Own. Your workout buddy is usually a good driving force. A training partner can certainly also be useful spotter.
- You Can’t use improper form. Inappropriate form is a rapid path to have an accident.
To Avoid More Bodybuilding Mistakes Look Here.
Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise Recap
You ought to now be able to accomplish seated dumbbell lateral raise effectively. Now your future phase is to conduct seated dumbbell lateral raise as a piece of a habitual strength training regime to train your Deltoid.