Barbell Quarter Squat very is a nice movement to enhance your Quads. Would you like to get perfect technique and get stronger Quads easily? You need to read our step by step tutorial to get going right now.
Barbell Quarter Squat Exercise Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Quadriceps
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Adductor Magnus, Gluteus Maximus, and Soleus
- Equipment: Barbell
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Basic
Barbell Quarter Squat Procedure
- The barbell quater squat gets its name by how low you go, or how low you don’t go. There isn’t much difference between the half and quarter squat, both of these get there name for the amount of squating you are going to do.
- For the quarter squat you can use either the high bar or low bar set up and neither will really mater since you are not squating far enough to drastically change your knee and hip position with the bar placement.
- So after you set up unrack the bar and get into a good stance.
- Then squat down only a quarter of the way to a full squat.
- You will still be moving the bar vertically and still pivoting your hips and knees at the same time. Just stop after you get part way down, then press back up.
- When doing quarter or half squats it is best to pause at the top and bottom, or most people will bounce and that can be more jaring on your knees and back than full squats.
- Repeat your desired number of quarter squats.
- Adductor Magnus
- Gluteus Maximus
- Erector Spinae
- Levator Scapulae
- Trapezius – Middle
- Trapezius – Upper
- Rectus Abdominis
If you’d like to have the optimal gains, you must implement these powerful tips. Most Importantly, when you need to protect yourself against an injury, you would be wise to abide by these tips.
- Choosing Your Current Recovery Time That It Is Short, Yet You Are Able To Continue To Accomplish The Entire Set. When your recovery is too small you could possibly be unable to accomplish the whole set, if perhaps it is way too prolonged you happen to be merely being inefficient.
- Vary Your Training Sets Randomly With Various Weight And Rep Combos. Like 3 sets of 8-12 for a few weeks then 5 sets of 5 reps for a week or two.
- Slow Down All Rep To Just Under 6 Seconds Per Contraction And About 5 Seconds For The Extension, To Improve Your Training. So that you will build bulk you want to maximize the amount of time under stress of your target muscle tissue. Going slower your lift will increase the time period under strain. Multiple research papers have found that just under 6 seconds of contraction and extension is the ideal time to provide maximum benefit for creating muscle size. You should add this technique from time to time, and not whenever you workout.
Get More Bodybuilding Tips Here.
Mistakes to Avoid
You will need to keep from making these general mistakes to support solid technique and build muscle. Moreover, when you keep away from these issues you will lower the likelihood of having to deal with injuries.
- You Can’t Miss A Warmup. Warming up your Muscle tissue is the Best way to prevent injuries.
- You Don’t Want To employ inadequate technique. Poor technique can be the fast path to have an accident.
- You’ll Do Better To Not Forget About Recovery Times. Over-training might in fact make you less strong in lieu bigger.
To Avoid More Bodybuilding Mistakes Look Here.
Barbell Quarter Squat Recap
At this point you should accomplish barbell quarter squat in the correct way. Your following stage is to perform barbell quarter squat as a part of your long term resistance training program to build your Quads.