Resistance Band External Shoulder Rotation genuinely is a useful exercise to work your Shoulders. You may consider that it must be difficult to train your Shoulders unless you’re at a gym. Luckily for us, for this easy isolation push exercise, you only will require a resistance band and door anchor. This can be a nice way to rehab and warm-up your shoulders.
Resistance Band External Shoulder Rotation Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Infraspinatus
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Posterior, and Teres Minor
- Equipment: Resistance band and door anchor
- Mechanics Type: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Utility: Auxiliary
Resistance Band External Shoulder Rotation Procedure
- Attach the resistance bands to an anchor point as close to the height of your elbow when standing as possible. If you attach the band to a lower point, you can sit in a chair or squat. Your goal is to have the band tension perpendicular to your rotation path the height of your elbow.
- Grab the band handles with both hands while facing the anchor point. Stand so that the band and arm performing the action is resting across your stomach.
- Now pull the band tight with your resting hand.
- To execute, pull the band as far away from your torso as possible by externally rotating your shoulder. Keeping your forearm parallel to the ground.
- Return your arm back to the starting position.
- Repeat for your desired number of reps and then switch arms.
- Deltoid – Posterior
- Teres Minor
- Deltoid – Lateral
- Trapezius – Lower
- Wrist Extensors
Tips for Better Results and Proper From
When you wish to attain the optimum outcomes, implement these straightforward tips. Furthermore, if you would like to avoid injuries, follow these tips.
- Make sure The Resistance Bands Are Tight. Before you start the workout ensure the bands are not sagging.
- Perform The Proper Amount Of Sets Using Rest. Your goal, to begin with, might be to do 3 sets to near failure. Nevertheless, you can raise to 5 sets. If your muscle tissue isn’t fatigued at the end of 3 – 5, something ought to change. Initally you can increase the resistance to make each rep harder. Second, you can reduce the rest time in between each set.
- Make Use Of A Mirror If Available To Observe Your Form. You may well experience a little vain looking in a mirror while you are doing exercises, but you are not checking yourself out, you are insuring your form is strong.
- Slow Each Rep Down For Improved Strength Gains. By Raising the time under tension, you are engaging your muscles longer, and they will respond by increasing strength. You can accomplish this without raising the weight by doing slow reps about 4 – 6 seconds contraction and pause then 4 – 6 seconds expanding.
Frequent Mistakes You Want to Be Sure To Avoid
You have to stay clear of these fairly typical mistakes to manage good form and improved tonning. Llikewise
- Don’t go to fast. Moving fast here can quickly lead to a shoulder injury.
- Don’t allow the band to be anything by perpendicular to your body. If the band is a weird angle so is the tension in your shoulder, this can also lead to an injury.
- Avoid Using Too Little or Too Much Resistance. Not enough, and you will not be adequately using your main muscle, more than the right amount, and you will likely need to cheat. Ensure that you can conduct between 8-12 reps with proper form.
Recap Of Resistance Band External Shoulder Rotation
You ought to at this moment be able to do resistance band external shoulder rotation thoroughly. Your following phase is to execute resistance band external shoulder rotation as apiece of a long term resistance training regime.