Barbell Seated Shoulder Press literally is a terrific physical exercise to train your Deltoids. Are you searching to enjoy outstanding technique and build-up your Deltoids now? You’ll want to use our step by step tutorial to commence straight away.
Barbell Seated Shoulder Press Exercise Summary
- Primary Muscles Worked: Deltoid – Anterior
- Other Muscles (Secondary) Worked: Deltoid – Lateral, Obliques, Pectoralis Major – Clavicular, Psoas major, and Serratus Anterior, Trapezius – Lower, Trapezius – Middle, and Triceps Brachii
- Equipment: Barbell and Bench
- Mechanics Type: Compound
- Force: Push
- Utility: Basic or Auxiliary
Barbell Seated Shoulder Press Procedure
- The seated shoulder press is best performed on a bench with back support if you need extra support. If you are performing it on a flat bench, you may consider wearing a lifting belt.
- There are shoulder press racks. If you are using a shoulder press rack, position the barbell in front of you on the rack.
- Grab the barbell with an overhand grip slightly wide than shoulder-width. Place the bar near the top of your chest.
- Press the barbell straight up until your arms are fully extended overhead.
- Next, return the bar straight down to your upper chest by lowering it slowly.
- Repeat until complete with your set.
- Deltoid, Anterior
- Deltoid – Lateral
- Pectoralis Major – Clavicular
- Psoas major
- Serratus Anterior
- Trapezius – Lower
- Trapezius – Middle
- Triceps Brachii
- Biceps Brachii
- Triceps – Long Head
- Iliocastalis lumborum
- Iliocastalis thoracis
In order for you to get the highest quality outcomes, you need to focus on these straightforward tips. Similarly, whenever you are looking to protect yourself against an injury, you ought to abide by these tips.
- Set your seat where the bar won’t touch the rack when you press. Ensure you are able to mount and dismount the bar easily.
- Lift Somewhere You Can Examine Your Technique In A Mirror. You need to have the opportunity to have a solid technique for every single rep, so as to make this happen you will need to have a way to see and fix your form.
- Change Your Training Sets Randomly With Different Weight And Rep Combinations. For instance 3 sets of 8-12 for a few weeks then 5 sets of 5 reps for a week or two.
- Slow Down Every Single Repetition To 4-6 Seconds For Every Contraction And The Same For The Extension, To Improve Your Exercise Session. So that you will create bulk you need to raise the amount of time under tension of your target muscle tissue. Going slower your repetition will raise time under strain. Frequent studies have revealed that 4-6 seconds contraction and extension is the sweet spot that provides optimum benefit for creating muscle mass. You should include this process on occasion, and not anytime you exercise.
Get More Bodybuilding Tips Here.
Mistakes to Avoid
You will need to stop these very common errors to build and maintain nice form and continue to develop gains. In addition, when you stay away from these issues you will lessen the possibility of developing injuries.
- You Can’t Bypass Your Cooldown. You will likely improve your recuperation time and reduce soreness once you perform a proper cool-down.
- Don’t Relax Your Stomach. Keeping your abs flexed to protect your spine by maintaining your internal pressure.
- You’ll Do Better To Not Bypass A Warm-Up. Properly prepaing your Muscle tissue is the Quickest way to avoid personal injury.
To Avoid More Bodybuilding Mistakes Look Here.
Barbell Seated Shoulder Press Recap
At this point you will train with barbell seated shoulder press correctly. So now add barbell seated shoulder press as a part of your habitual strength training routine to form your Deltoids.